Fort Wayne, I challenge you to get healthy with me in 2024! If you’re eager to kickstart your health journey, lose weight, and embrace a healthier lifestyle in the coming year, join me in the “Food for Life 21-Day Kickstart Your Health Challenge” – a transformative 5-series class designed to empower you with the knowledge, tools, and support for informed dietary choices, disease prevention, and sustainable weight loss. Together, we’ll make 2024 your healthiest year yet!
New Year, New Health Goals
Are you ready to lose weight, fight disease, and get healthy? We’re kicking off the new year with a 5-series “Kickstart Your Health Challenge” running January 23rd through February 19, 2024, to help you jumpstart your health, achieve your weight loss goals, and help prevent or even reverse chronic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers. In these classes, you’ll not only gain valuable tips and recipes but also receive the support you need on your health journey.
A Personal Mission for Better Health
My personal motivation for offering these classes comes from a deep place of understanding the power of plant-based eating. My father fought leukemia with a plant-based diet and defied all odds by living a decade longer than expected before losing his life to COVID-19. He was my inspiration, as were other family members who battle autoimmune diseases, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and Alzheimer’s disease. Their stories have fueled my commitment to empowering our community with the knowledge and tools to lead healthier lives.
Kickstart Your Health Challenge
I know what the power of eating the right foods can do for our health, that’s why I’m challenging Fort Wayne to get healthy with me through the “Food for Life 21-Day Kickstart Your Health Challenge.” This 5-series class, taking place from January 23 – February 19, 2024, from 6-8 pm at the Teaching Kitchen inside the Union Street Market, offers a unique opportunity to learn how to prevent and even reverse diseases, shed those extra pounds, and embrace a healthier lifestyle through the power of nutrition.
Transform Your Health, One Class at a Time
Each class in this series will explore essential topics, including digestive health, natural appetite control, healthy blood pressure, and more. As the new year unfolds, my mission is to empower you, the Fort Wayne community, to kickstart your health journey by achieving healthy weight loss, sustainable weight management, and an overall healthier life. This immersive challenge provides a supportive community environment and tons of resources, cooking demonstrations, and food samples, making it the perfect way to usher in a healthier you in 2024.
The “Food for Life Kickstart Your Health Challenge” is not just a class; it’s a lifestyle change designed to help you make informed choices about your diet, leading to a healthier, slimmer, and more fulfilling life.
In addition to the classes, you’ll be invited to a private Facebook group so we can support each other through the 21-days and beyond.
Class Agenda & Dates:
- Week one: Introduction: The Power of Your Plate. Thurs, Jan 23, 2024, 6-8pm – The first class in this series will focus on getting ready to start your journey to a healthier lifestyle. We’ll give you the nutrition information, tips, and some healthy recipes to get you motivated to change your life! You’ll be able to start shopping and prepping to get started!
- Week 2: Let’s Go! Tues, Jan 30, 2024, 6-8pm – After a week of preparation and today’s lesson, you’ll have all the tools you need to get started on our 21-day challenge!
- Week 3: Getting in Gear. Tues, Feb 6, 2024, 6-8pm – As we enter our second week, we’ll reflect on our progress, share our achievements, and address any challenges we’ve encountered. Plus, we’ll make and eat more delicious food!
- Week 4: Breaking the Food Seduction. Tues, Feb 13, 2024, 6-8pm – In this class, we’ll go over why some unhealthy foods, and not broccoli, seem addictive, and what we can do to break those addictions to help keep us on track.
- Week 5: Keys for Natural Appetite Control. Tues, Feb 19, 2024, 6-8pm – In this class, you’ll discover essential strategies to help you regain control over your appetite and make healthier food choices effortlessly.
Register for the Kickstart Your Health Challenge in Fort Wayne
Ready to kickstart your health journey with me? Register for the “Food for Life Kickstart Your Health Challenge and get ready for 5 weeks of support, delicious food, resources, and information to help guide you along the way. Spaces for this transformative challenge are limited, so be sure to secure your spot today. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to take control of your health, prevent disease, and embrace a healthier, happier life.
Thanks to an anonymous donor, we have a couple of scholarships available! Contact us for me information!
Meet Your Guide to Health and Wellness
A little about me, Heather Dahman. I’m a certified Food for Life Instructor, a Plant-Based Lifestyle Coach and Educator, and hold certifications in Plant-Based Nutrition and Ayurvedic Nutrition. My personal experiences and dedication to promoting plant-based living have inspired me to offer a program that helps individuals like you achieve your health and weight goals.
Expanding Wellness Offerings with The Veg Academy
In addition to the Kickstart Your Health Challenge, I plan to expand my offerings through The Veg Academy. Future programs planned for this year will include Food for Life classes around Fort Wayne and Northern Indiana. The Food for Life Classes include the Diabetes Initiative, the Cancer Project, Foods for a Healthy Heart, and Power Foods for the Brain. I’m also dedicated to improving workplace wellness by offering Employee Wellness Programs that promote healthy eating and lifestyle choices, fostering a culture of well-being and productivity.